There are several convenient ways to establish membership:
1. Visit Our Office
There is a New Account Representative at each of our branches who will make opening an account an easy, pleasant experience.
Membership starts with only a $5.00 deposit and a $5.00 membership fee. Once you establish your account you can enjoy all the privileges of membership, as long as you keep the account open - even if you move, change jobs, or retire.
To open an account at a branch office, you must bring:
- Social Security Number
- A Valid U.S. Driver's License or state issued identification card - (Please note, if the address on your ID is not current or has a PO Box, you will need to bring in a recent bill with your current physical address dated within 90 days.)
- A current payroll stub if you work for the Merced or Mariposa school system or for McClatchy Publishing, Inc.
- A current student body card if joining as a high school, Merced College or UC Merced student and social security card if under 18 years of age
- $10 ($5 membership fee and $5 deposit)
2. Give Us a Call or Email Us
If you don't have the time to come into a branch office, you can give one of our New Account Representatives a call at 209-383-5550 or 800-542-2345 ext. 155 or email us. The New Account Representative will mail everything you need to open a MSEFCU account.
3. By Mail
To join by mail, you must:
- Complete and sign the Membership card where indicated.
- Include a photocopy of your driver's license (or other official picture identification), plus proof of eligibility such as a payroll stub, etc.
- Enclose a check for at least $10 ($5 membership fee and $5 deposit), payable to Merced School Employees Federal Credit Union, if opening a Savings account
- Mail the completed Membership card, proof of eligibility and check to:
Merced School Employees Federal Credit Union
P.O. Box 1349
Merced, CA 95341